Link Love

I've been keeping a running list of articles to share, and I feel like I've hit a critical mass, so time to share these before they become too outdated:

How to Have Difficult Conversations When You Don't Like Conflict
I maintain that the one thing that ruins most relationships is a lack of communication or poor communication. For me, a lot of that has been avoiding conflict--why stir up trouble or negative things when you can just suppress them until you explode? That's healthy, right? I feel like this article is a good roadmap for how to get those conversations started. And also, stop waiting for the right time. There is never a right time.

I've blogged before of my love for the podcast Still Buffering. Two of the three sisters on the podcast are based in Huntington, WV, and the youngest (16-year-old Rileigh) was profiled in their local paper. I feel old saying "she's a good kid" but she really does seem like it. I want to send the parents a gold star for the way she seems to be turning out.

Why we all need friends. It just might help you live longer.

Do you talk to boys and girls differently? I know I do, and will try to be more mindful.

This summer bucket list may have been written for someone older than me, but I've always been an old soul because this is SPOT ON.



Comments

  1. I do talk to kids differently. I also catch myself assuming the doctors and males and teachers are females...trying to change that mindset!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment