Tuesday Thoughts

Just some things knocking around my head this week . . .

--I really love the musical Oklahoma! and was reminded of my love for it recently in listening to Happier, the podcast from Gretchen Ruben. She said she loves America, and various things give her a swell of pride for our country, one such thing being the song "The Farmer and the Cowman" from Oklahoma! The song is the intermission song (or as my mom calls it, "a showstopper") and it's delightful. I also *may* know all the words to that soundtrack and wrote a paper in college on it for my class on, wait for it, musicals (yes, I took a class all about  movie musicals. It was as amazing as it sounds. My parents were confused as to how I was getting college credit for this.)

--I was back in Texas this past weekend and enjoyed all the delights of quasi-suburbia--shopping in a real mall, a less-crowded Target, going to Sonic, walking the family dog. There's something to be said for a life that isn't all urban, all the time.

--I can't wait to read this book.

--We're in the midst of the best weather we'll ever have in DC all year--early enough to not be humid, late enough to not be chilly. I was sitting on a friend's patio in shorts and a tshirt last week and marveling at life.

--I am obsessed with my electric kettle, and just got a French press, so my hot beverage game is really getting stepped up here.

--I feel like each spring I have a frantic hunt for summer dresses. Both ones I can wear to work with an appropriate wrap, and easy breezy, throw-on to run errands frocks. Would love recommendations.

--My 2017 Spotify playlist is woefully under-sourced. Need more earworms (though a friend of mine and I talked about how fall 2016 was just SUCH a good time for pop music, we don't know how anything else can top it).

--I have three more weddings this year. Two in the dead of summer, one in the fall. The dress hunt is real.

--Kevin Spacey is hosting the Tony Awards, but nothing will top NPH's 2014 (or 15? the interwebs tells me it was 2013!!! time flies) hosting gig.


That awkward moment when you leave a store but don’t buy anything, and you’re telling yourself “act natural, you’re innocent” Picture Quote #1

Comments

  1. I took a movie class as well. We had to watch Citizen Kane, Vertigo and some others. I actually found it pretty boring to sit in a classroom for 3 hours! I hear you on the summer dresses. I'll let you know if I find any!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I need to watch some of those classics! This was a night class and held in a theater, so we actually really enjoyed it. It helped that it had a lot of my friends and I took it pass/fail.

      Delete

Post a Comment