Balanced, Week 3

I feel like this post will be very reflective of the week I've had--jumbly and full of stops and starts. Case in point--I've drafted this post at about four different times, and am finishing it on a plane right now.

The week (which I'm going to say ran Thursday 4/6-Saturday 4/15, because that's about the rate we're at right now) consisted of not enough sleep, a friend visiting for a wedding, and some of the best weather we've had in DC in awhile. How does that stack up to being balanced?

Ehhh, it was ok?

Let's look at last week's goals:

Diet: sticking with Whole17. Trying to not snack on nuts and/or Larabars too much and focus on whole meals. Ok, I have to laugh a little. I drank this past week, but nothing crazy, and mostly stuck to Whole30 foods. I did buy a bunch of Larabars when they were on sale, but haven't been snacking on them (stocking up for future travels).

Workout: GO TO YOGA. Sigh, the best laid plans. I was in yoga clothes, heading to yoga, when I hit some of the worst traffic on a normally easy part of my commute. Needless to say, missed yoga. I was also really unmotivated to work out, made it to 1 ClassPass class all week. But some coworkers and I agreed to workout at lunch once or twice a week, so hopefully that helps. 

Wellness: Get 9 hours of sleep at least twice (I know, you parents out there are like "WHAT IS THAT LIKE?!"). Purge my closet (if you've never done this, get ready for a great mental health experience). I can't pull my data at the moment because I'm on a plane, but I did get close to 9 hours of sleep twice during this time. And, totally forgot I planned a closet purge, but i did start it! Good times. 


Diet: So I appreciated the Whole30 and it's rules until I wanted a glass of champagne. So I had it. And loved it. And then got right back to Whole30 (had a bunless burger at dinner that night). I feel like I might be getting the hang of Food Freedom Forever. It only took me 5 attempts at this program, haha. The week ended with me in Texas for Easter, where things were mostly ok, food-wise. I ate a lot of eggs, looking back, haha. My favorite meal though was probably the crabcake and eggs from Hank's on the Hill. Favorite meal I made: 

Weight: -.7 lbs. Total down: 2.3 lbs. This is after I weighed myself at my home, and it said I'd gained 5 lbs. Umm. I don't think that's correct (if I was returning from vacation? Totally correct). I've had my scale for maybe 6 years--do they have a lifespan of that? Do I need to get a new one?

Workout: Y'all. I was just not feeling the workouts this week. I blame the lack of sleep I got, and the fact that it was a particularly busy and stressful week at work (which a workout would have helped alleviate but whatever). I did hit up Flywheel and Blast though, so some work got done. I even tried a Nike Training Club workout at my parents house, and realized I need to get better at following apps and such for workouts because so many of them are free!

Wellness: I averaged 7 or so hours of sleep a night (including one night of 4 hours because #earlyflight). Not enough for me, and I felt it both in my physical being but also mental. On the flip side though, I did get to see two friends who live out of town, one whom I hadn't seen in four years. So, chicken soup for the soul? I also saw Red Hot Chili Peppers in concert, something I've wanted to do for YEARS. Part of my stress this week has been apartment-hunting--DC is a fairly terrible place to look for an apartment, but my current place leaves a lot to be desired, especially in the summer months, so I just need to remind myself that there's a reason I'm putting myself through all this stress haha. 

Steps-wise, I was a hair under 10,000, with my highest day being 17,000. 


This Week:

Diet: Stick to whole, healthy foods. Limit drinking (though in Texas this weekend, I had all of TWO drinks. Margaritas. Naturally). No sugar. 

Workout: Get three good workouts in, hopefully one of them being yoga. 

Wellness: Average 8 or so hours of sleep each night. Average 10,000 steps a day.


A look back at:



Comments