Sunday, January 29, 2017

Answer the Call

It's been a rough week, personal-life wise, but the cherry on top of this s**t sundae has been what is happening in our country right now. I don't even recognize the things that are coming out the White House, I keep waiting for Ashton Kutcher to pop out and say this whole thing was an elaborate prank. But it's not. It's a nightmare that we continue to live out.

My rage hit a high point in church today. When my pastor, who wasn't preaching this week, rose her voice in her pastoral prayer to the point that I wondered if it could be heard 8 blocks away at the White House. When the Bible spelled out exactly what we were supposed to be doing as God's children. When I realized that a beloved song was never more relevant than now.

I struggle with being a Christian and being lumped in a group that includes people who will pound their chests about the importance of an unborn child, and turn their backs on refugees. Turn their back on the people who this very country was founded on the backs of. 

For now, I'll strive to follow these rules. There but for the grace of God I go.

Micah

No comments:

Post a Comment