Emmy Catch-Up

It's no secret I love live awards shows, and the Emmy's are a favorite. I was especially impressed with this year's show--with Jimmy Kimmel as host (appropriately funny and not flashy, it's not his thing) and with the winners. Some thoughts on my favorites below:

I Watch Good TV:

So many of my favorite shows won awards this year. Veep winning for best comedy series after a strong season made me so happy, though I do think Julia Louis-Dreyfus needs to take her name out of contention now. She's won five Emmys for Veep alone, so let someone else be prom queen, ok?

Maggie Smith winning for Downton Abbey, while a bit overdone, was a lovely send-off for the show, even if she has never shown to accept her award. I still can't believe that show is over.

Game of Thrones winning for best drama was also well-deserved, this season was non-stop action and plot development and honestly one of the best seasons of the show.

The People vs. OJ Simpson was also a big winner for the night--and if you haven't watched it, you should. I thought David Schwimmer really deserved an Emmy for his performance as Robert Kardashian, but am also happy that Sterling K. Brown won as Christopher Darden. That show was full of so many good performances, it's hard to single one out.

But, the thing I was the most happy about?


Tatiana Maslany winning Best Actress in a Drama for Orphan Black

I know I don't watch this show anymore, but I will always be a fan girl of Tatiana Maslany and especially of her, I think, 8 roles on Orphan Black. The show went off the deep end a bit for me, but, man, she's awesome. 

So, keep on keepin' on, Emmys, and branching out from Modern Family as a default winner for all the things. See you next year. 

Comments