Friday, April 24, 2015

Four on Friday

Since I'm pretty sure most of you reading this have known me for a long time, this may seem silly. But I'm stealing it from my friend/former co-worker Brittany because I like to talk about myself :-)


Four Jobs I've had
1. Tour guide at Mary Kay Corporate Headquarters (during Seminar, their annual convention for their sales force. I know so many random facts about the company and Mary Kay herself because of that job). My favorite "position" was elevator operator. I had a walkie-talkie and everything!
2. Student tour guide at my college (noticing a trend here?)
3. Community Relations and Communications Intern for a big energy company. The company had just been approved to build four coal plants, so that was fun (the job actually was, and totally prepared me for my career)
4. Public Relations/Communications Professional (at a few agencies and now in-house). I got to meet celebs (both on purpose and by accident, hi, Al Gore!), travel to random places (Wilmington, Delaware and Boise, Idaho are most memorable), and work with some really cool people.

Four Movies I've Seen More Than 4 Times (clearly, this list is much longer than this, but here's a sampling)
1. Walk The Line
2. Bridget Jones' Diary
3. High School Musical
4. The Hangover

Four Cities I've Visited 4+ Times (outside of the State of Texas)
1. New Orleans
2. Las Vegas
3. New York City
4. Omaha, NE (jealous?)

Four Things in My Purse:
1. Purse hook (which is always a conversation starter)
2. Sunglasses
3. SmartTrip Card (even though I drive to work now, this still has $$$ on it!)
4. Jump drive (for those emergency document-saving needs!)

Four Credit Cards I Use (this should be its own post, I used to work in the credit card industry and there's strategy behind each one)
1. Chase Sapphire
2. American Express Blue
3. Southwest Airlines
4. MasterCard WorldPoints Cash Rewards

Four Favorite Restaurant Meals (these are a combo of two I eat frequently, and two that were once-in-a-lifetime. I also love a lot of other restaurant meals, so just a sampling!)
1. Mac and cheese at The Porch in Dallas
2. Sablefish at Hank's Oyster Bar in DC
3. Crab Au Gratin at Galatoire's in New Orleans
4. The entire meal at Les Papilles in Paris--zucchini soup, bread, cheese, lamb, amazing wine, and a dessert that I can't remember other than that it was AMAZING.

Four Books I Recommend:
1. The Art of Racing in the Rain
2. Me Before You
3. The Glass Castle
4. Bookends

Four TV Shows I Watch (currently airing new episodes):
1. Game of Thrones
2. Veep
3. The Good Wife
4. Orphan Black

Four TV Shows I Will Never Tire of Watching:
1. Friends
2. Gilmore Girls
3. The West Wing
4. Friday Night Lights







2 comments:

  1. This is a good one! I don't know if I could pick my four favorite meals. And I do think I need your credit card strategy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also putting in a request for the credit card post. need to get that ish figured out

    ReplyDelete