50 in '14: The cream of the crop


Whelp, I did it! Despite needing to read 12 books in November and December, I managed to read 51 books this year. While I've been recapping books as I went along, I wanted to share a big wrap-up for the year. But that proved daunting. So here are the top ones (others to be shared at a later date)

My favorite book:



Me Before You, Jojo Moyes: I read this all the way back in the spring, but it has stuck with me throughout the year.

Runners-up:



Roses, by Leila Meacham
Eleanor + Park, by Rainbow Rowell
Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand

Solid Recommendations: These books weren't amongst my favorites, but I'd definitely recommend them
The Rosie Project, by Graeme Simsion
Night, by Elie Wiesel
Orphan Train, Christina Baker Klein
Yes Please, by Amy Poehler
Reconstructing Amelia, by Kimberly McCreight
Garlic and Sapphires, by Ruth Reichl







Comments

  1. Me Before You was one of my favorites too! Unbroken is one of my all time faves.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment