Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Book BusyTrap Edition

Things have gotten tres busy here in the District, with summer travels heating up, friends coming and going, joining clubs and teams, and getting more involved with my church (though said travels keep me from attending every Sunday, gah!).

So I don't have as many books to share about this time around, but I'm confident the next few weeks will yield lots of reading time, so I thought I'd share about these:

Thumbs WAY up: 

Eleanor & Park, by Rainbow Rowell: Y'all. This book (which, yes, is written for teenagers, get over it) melted my heart. The relationship between two teenagers has never been so perfectly captured. Its a quick read, too, so I highly recommend it. Man, I wish my library loan hadn't expired, I would read it again . . . 















Thumbs almost, but not completely, down:

Allegiant, by Veronica Roth: I was PUMPED for the last book in the Divergent trilogy. And I was disappointed. More than anything, this book felt very jumbled and the writing was pretty bad. But, my review is not the same as everyone's, so give the trilogy a try.

Looking for Alaska, by John Greene: same author as The Fault in Our Stars (if you haven't seen the trailer, grab a few tissues in advance. You're welcome), so I was really excited about this book. There just didn't seem to be a lot to it. Maybe I was expecting something as sweeping as TFIOS, but this didn't tickle my fancy. 


1 comment:

  1. I need to read Eleanor and Park. Have you read Wonder? Another great young adult book.

    ReplyDelete