Friday, May 30, 2014

A Day-by-Day Guide to Jet Lag

Here's how my last few days have panned out:

Day 0: 10 hour flight, crossing six time zones, get home around 6:30 p.m. Feeling tired, but not exhausted. Go to gym (those crepes aren't going to work themselves off), grocery store. Get to bed around 10.

Day 1: Wake up at 7, feeling refreshed. What jet lag? I've totes beat this. Brag to friends and coworkers. Feel pretty tired by the time bedtime rolls around, but that's good, right? Oh, wait, I don't have lunch for tomorrow because I chose to watch Nashville rather than make pot of chili. Well, half-asleep chili-making time.

Day 2: Hmmm. I'm up about 30 mins earlier than I need to be. Oh well, it's just 30 minutes. Wow, is this day over? It feels SO MUCH LATER than it is right now. Why is the sun still up?

Day 3: WHY AM I WIDE AWAKE AT 5 A.M.?!?! WHY, GOD WHY?! Ok, I'm falling back asleep. Yay! Wait, awake again and it's 6 A.M.?! I don't need to be up until 7! I'll try reading. Well now it's almost 7, so I guess I'll get up. Going to have a rare Nespresso at home, that will jump start my day. Um, false. I've lost count of how much coffee I've had. Oh, and I'm seeing my trainer tonight. Icing on top of the cake.

Day 4: I really don't think I'll ever be able to sleep past 6:30 ever again. Am told that you should allot one day for every time zone you crossed. So by Sunday we should be allllll good. Or narcoleptic. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment