In my family, we don't have a long list of tried and true Christmas traditions. We're pretty flexible with our plans, which can make traditions hard to keep. However, there are some things that are non-negotiable at Christmas:
- I must watch Muppet Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve.
- Coffee on Christmas morning usually has Baileys or spiked egg nog as creamer (this is a post-21 tradition)
- Presents and stockings are done Christmas morning. No presents are opened on Christmas Eve.
- While You Were Sleeping is watched between Christmas and New Year's.
- Love Actually is watched on Christmas Day more often than not.
- Extended family present-opening takes place a few days after Christmas. Even if we get together on Christmas or Christmas Eve, we don't open presents, we do that later.