Tuesday, July 30, 2013

DC Eats

I've had a list on my phone of restaurants to try in DC (it is WAY long). For awhile whenever I met people, I would ask them what restaurants I would try (not in the nerdy way it sounds). So I've eaten at several places that are now on my "must-return list":

Crios: While this is Mexican food and it won't replace any of my Dallas places, it is good for margs and queso. When you need it, it's there. Even if you don't remember how you got there . . .

Ted's Bulletin: By far one of the best brunches I've had in a long time--started off with an adult milkshake (dessert first, yup) had a delicious lamb burger, and the company was stellar.

Hank's Oyster Bar: don't like oysters, but I like lobster. And they have a killer lobster roll.

Mintwood Place: one of the only times I've instagrammed a meal--the Hangover Helper here is AMAZING. And intimidating. As in I ate maybe a third of it.

Zorba's: wine by the carafe,  pita, hummus, Greek goodness, and so cheap. Yes.

Founding Farmers: a place where all the tourists go, and for good reason. Farm-to-table and just delicious comfort food.

Alberto's: This place has gotten the most business from me of any place in DC. It's close to my apartment, open til 5 a.m. on weekends, and sells enormous slices of pizza.

Another reason to visit--great restaurants to eat at!

No comments:

Post a Comment