Sunday, April 14, 2013

Because You Don't Know Me Already

Do you remember a few years ago when we'd all send emails to each other answering questions about ourselves, and then our friends were supposed to respond the same way? This is kind of the same thing, but in blog form. One of my favorite bloggers, Blair's Headband, started this, and it's a little different from others. And I get to fill this out with deets about my new city, yay!

1. The Basics
Who are you: LO
Where do you blog: loandbholddc.blogspot.com
How did you pick your blog’s name: Well, LO is a nickname of mine, and it just kind of came to me one day after telling lots of people that I was going to start a blog to keep everyone up to date on my new adventure.

2. Location, location, location
Where did you grow up: Texas!!
Where do you live now: Washington, DC!!!!!!
Where would you live anywhere in the world: Well, I already live in the U.S. city I've always wanted to live in . . . other than this I might say Greece or Ireland?

3. Let’s talk beauty - what is your favorite or signature:
Lipstick: um, I think I own one tube of lipstick, and it's hardly my signature. Most days I'm wearing the classic Cherry Chapstick.
Mascara: I have no idea--it's in a green tube?
Perfume: I might be the only person who does this, but I wear different perfume depending on the time of the year. April-October: Elizabeth Arden's Sunflowers (light and airy), October-April: Burberry Brit. My travel perfume is  "Clean", not sure who it's by . . .

4. Yummies - what is your favorite:
Cocktail: Dark & Stormy and White Grape Cosmo.
Dessert: Tiramisu, pecan pie, really good chocolate cake.
Pizza Topping(s): red peppers, any type of cheese, crumbled sausage, truffle oil

5. I always have these three things in my refrigerator:
Un: Cheese (seriously, between me and my roommate we have six types of cheese)
Deux: hummus
Trois: Greek yogurt

6. Get artsy - what is your favorite:
Movie: Number one on my list is Notting Hill, thought I have a list of 15 "favorites" (created in Anthropology class freshman year and updated accordingly since)
Book: My favorite book of all time is A Tale of Two Cities. My favorite book I've read in the past few years is The Art of Racing in the Rain. I cried from page 3 until the very end, but it's such a beautiful book.
TV Show: The West Wing or Gilmore Girls probably win for my favorite shows EVER. But right now I love Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, New Girl, and Parks and Rec.

7. Kid stuffs - three questions about your youth:
What did you want to Be when you grew up? An anchorwoman or a whale trainer (I loved animals and swimming, it seemed like the best of both worlds)
Who was your favorite teacher and why? Gosh, of my younger years, probably Miss Mueller (1st grade) and Mr. Marinko (5th grade), both amazing educators. High school would probably be Miss Gee (AP Junior English and unequivocally the hardest class/teacher at my high school. Passing her class was a badge of honor) and Mrs. Harmon (AP Calculus--the only time I got straight A's in math and the last math class I ever took thanks to passing the AP exam)
What was your worst sickness/surgery/hospital visit as a kid? I had pneumonia when I was three, don't remember much about it, but apparently it was bad. I also battled stomach issues from 10 yrs old until college.

8. The Pretty Things - what is your:
Favorite color: blues and greens, also purple.
Favorite flower: hydrangea (just bought a bunch of them today!)
Favorite artist (painter, photographer, etc.): This is where I'm supposed to sound really cultured and fancy. But I love Starry Night by Van Gogh, so there's that.

9. Shop ‘Til You Drop
What’s one thing you buy the most often: I mean--groceries?
Do you prefer to shop online or in-store? In-store for clothing and such.
Imagine you open your own store - what would you sell? Mac and cheese. And cupcakes.

10. Be a Hater: what are three things you would like to go away?
Ein: Cancer. It scares me so much.
Zwei: Distance. Between friends and family.
Drei: Terrorism.

11. The Final Three (x Three)
I hand you a genie - what are your three wishes? 1. a private jet 2. health for all my friends and family 3. blackout curtains (my room has wall-to-wall windows. Lovely but bright.)
List 3 things you can see out of your window right now: Georgetown, Embassy Suites Hotel, road construction
 Who are three people, living or dead, you would invite over for dinner?: my uncle, Prince William/Kate Middleton, Tina Fey/Amy Poehler (if they're BFF or married, they count as one)

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I would totally have Ms Midds/Fey/Poehler at my dinner party, too!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete